From: Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-desktop] Second Test Lubuntu Lucid 10.04.3 ISO image available
To: lubuntu-desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 11:37 PM

On 07/31/2011 06:09 PM, Jonathan Marsden wrote:

> HOWEVER: *first*, the 10.04.3 image needs to work as designed, and
> actually install to a hard disk :)  ...

Well, I'm a significant step closer. A file called
lubuntu-lucid-20110801-i386.iso is being uploaded to Phill W's site as I
type.  It still has a non-functional "Install Lubuntu" menu item, but
the "Try Lubuntu without installing" one now has an appropriate
installer icon on the desktop, and clicking it works, allowing you to
install Lubuntu 10.04.3 to your hard drive.  At least, it works for me
in VirtualBox.

Once the upload finishes, it should available using

  wget -c http://phillw.net/lubuntu-lucid-20110801-i386.iso

I'm not sure how much more time I will be able to spend on this during
the work week, so I'm uploading a second test 10.04.3 ISO that I know
still has at least one significant flaw.  If anyone out there is
expecting a "real" fully working and fully tested Lubuntu 10.04.3
release image, then "These are not the ISOs you are looking for" :)

Jonathan