Re: [Lubuntu-Desktop] Idea for install

Hi,

'alternate' (the text based install) Will be a part of 11.10 and onwards. At
present, there is a community built 'alternate' for 10.10 (but not for
11.04), the current variants are discussed at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu For 11.04, you would
need to follow the minimal install route as there is not an alternate
install been made. With 11.10 fast looming on us, a lot of effort is going
into the getting Lubuntu 11.10 to have the entire variant range (i386,
AMD64, Mac, alternate...) all build using the 'official' Canonical build
system. In the short term, this is tying up our devs, but in the long term I
hope you accept that it is the way forward for Lubuntu in order to gain full
adoption this cycle.

As to fitting a standard (Ubquity) install and alternate on one image? It
was discussed a couple of releases ago, I do not personally see a way of
doing this with the 'official' system that we are to use. That is not to say
that a community edition is impossible that would have i386 with the option
of both graphical and text, but that is beyond my knowledge of iso building.

I'm sure a couple of the other members of the team (the devs!) will be able
to correct any inaccuracies in my reply about the possibility of a community
edition as you have requested.