Re: more ISOs (and image size)

On 08/04/2011 04:00 PM, 神癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna) wrote:

> Notice they're not oversized. Are these images uploaded by any of you?

No, they are generated by the Canonical build system, automatically.
Normal humans do not have upload rights to cdimage.ubuntu.com :)

Incidentally, I think you should check their sizes more carefully.  At
762MB (799322112 bytes) for the i386 desktop image, I'd say they *are*
still oversized, just not quite so oversized as before.  The usual size
limit for CD-sized ISO9660 images is 700MB.

Did you really manage to successfully burn a 762MB ISO image to a
normal-sized CD-R blank disk?

Jonathan