Re: Lsc revision 22

On 08/27/2011 11:22 AM, Stefano wrote:
> Pushed up revision 22. solved (i'm not sure)  the bugs reported by
> Markus, i've changed the way Lsc charge the apps, the startup is more
> slow in beginner mode, but the listing o the apps is very fast. the apps
> are listed by package name (for example yorvik-cubeview is named
> CubeView and isn't the last of the graphics section).
Thanks, I played a bit with it, and this is some comments :

UI comments :
- Presentation of the categories could be an array of icons, not a list
- Search box should be available all the time (and I think on the right
it's better, like on browsers)
- Information (such package selected, or extra information) should be
display in the same window, like on a right pane
- Available / Installed / Apps Basket should be marked as enable, when
you click on it and you are on the page. Currently, you can't see if
your view is a list of installed apps, or a list of available apps.
- Available / Installed / Apps Basket could probably be on the left
(like in the first versions)

Bugs :
- When changing Expert / Beginner Mode, you need to close LSC. It should
restart itself or refresh automatically
- In .ini, expert_mode should be TRUE or FALSE (it's more standard)
- An icon for the main window is missing (at least a temporary one if
you want to do some branding later)

Some features that could be nice to have :
- Add an option to start software-properties-gtk (to add PPA)
- Add a combined view, mixing installed and not installed packages /
apps, with a mark on installed package.
- Add an ability to sort items by popcon

I think it will be soon usable (you can already do interesting things
with it), you will have to think about how to distribute it and maintain
it (add a proper build system, do releases, handle bugs reports ...).
Eventually you can use Launchpad for many things, you just need to
configure it :)