From: Richard Foulkes <rbsfou@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Lubuntu-desktop] OEM Mode doesn't work?
To: "Lubuntu" <lubuntu-desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 3:35 PM

Hi guys,

I've just installed the beta1 i386 desktop iso in vmware - and i'm
disappointed to see that the OEM installation mode still isn't working.

I didn't enter a name for the 'batch of systems', selected 'download
updates whilst installing', automatic partitioning options, timezone
Europe/London, UK standard keyboard, and set the hostname and password
for the temporary user.

As with ubuntu desktop, the OEM user is created (uid/gid 29999), but the
oem-config-prepare script is missing. I don't know how oem mode works on
a regular ubuntu in terms of which packages are installed.

If i manually install the oem-config package (and its dependencies),
then run oem-config-prepare then i DO get the 'out of box experience' -
however it's in the console not X - plus i am prompted to install
packages for ubuntu server!

I have a feeling that this bug might hinder lubuntu's official adoption
as an official derivative which would be a shame.

I like the ubiquity slideshow though - looks very nice!
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Richard Foulkes (https://launchpad.net/~rbsfou)