A request for a spare laptop

Hi,

I know i'm stretching the mailing list, but I ask that those in USA please
have a search through their attics, cellars etc. A young and gifted
programmer had his laptop die. He is head of dev on an upstream project that
involves AI. As he is a student from not one of the most affluent areas of
USA I have tried repeatedly to get him a replacement laptop. He asks for
* "The specs are frivolous; ive lived on 16 gb of space for so long. A
decent 100gb would be luxurious. Also, at least 2gb ram and CPU clocking
speed of 2.20ghz would be cool, those are my typical working conditions. " *
Just to prove this is not a scam as I do know Jacky and the work he does
with Dante on SII, I am more than willing to pay for the carriage. I'm sure
one of you in USA will be able to source one for him. If you want a few $$'s
for your old laptop, then I will also pay for that.

Thanks,

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw