Re: Lubuntu 11.10 Beta 2 - Testing

Hi Julien,

Hope you are fine and doing well. Thanks again for your reply :)

For LSC, I reported the bug as agreed:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lubuntu-software-center/+bug/861554

Now, to reply your latest email:

3- Yes, it's a bug : http://pad.lv/819538
> If it's not fixed for the final release, you will have to use the alternate
> ISO if you have less than 4.0 Gb.

What I was trying to say is I did not get an error message or the installer
didn't crash even though the partition where I was trying to install Lubuntu
11.10 beta 2 on is less than 4GB.
I have done another installation on another PC with less space (3.5GB) and
again nothing wrong happened.
Does that mean the problem is fixed? or it happened from time to time?

Also, does the installer calculate the total HDD Size and based on that it
decides whether the Disc Space is not enough or not? just to make sure what
I'm thinking about is correct.

4- Sorry, I mean, where do you find that screen ? In which step of the
> installation did it appear ?

"Choose a Picture" Step appears right after the partitions screen but I'll
double check and confirm where exactly it appears.
But, is it a bug or something? it shouldn't show up, right?

5- Hum, I done many installations, but never having this problem :-/ I'll
> try to do some testing next time I install Lubuntu to see if I can reproduce
> it.

I'll try re-install Lubuntu and hope I can re-produce the same error.
Will keep you posted :)

7- We plan to add more artwork, but not by default. It should be a package
> available which have more artwork for Lubuntu.

PPA you mean? that would be great and better IMHO :)
Lubuntu really needs lots of these stuff. I was trying to write some guides
about that but I'll wait until 11.10 be released and will have 6 months to
write guides as much as possible :)

*8- I'd like to report a new problem with the Menu:*
I installed "Cairo-Dock" and I wanted to move LXPanel to the top of the
screen. I done that. While I was trying to open the menu, I got the
following *screenshot
<https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vacsCkuxZGGGwePAPZUNIA?feat=directlink>
.*
I repeated the same with the other PC without installing Cairo-Doc, I just
moved the LXPanel to the top of the screen and the same issue happened
again.
Menu is totally blank as you can see and you can't do anything unless you
moved it back to the bottom.
Please note that I haven't tried to "restart" the LXPanel.
Please advice!

9- Yes please, I'm sure the network-manager will have a look at it if you
> document it like this :)

I'm sorry but where do I have to report that? here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop ???

13- Yes, it should collect all the information we need.

When I tried to report that, nothing happened. Seemed to me the Report can't
be sent. Please advice!
Shall I include a screenshot next time?

Thanks a lot,
Ali