Re: System won't boot in 11.10

2011/10/14 Lance <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx>

> My initial thoughts:
>
> #1: When booting the live CD, just after selecting language, select "Check
> disc for defects". It takes several minutes to complete. If that shows no
> defects found move to step #2:
>
> #2: When rebooting the live CD select language and with "Try Lubuntu w/o
> installing" highlighted press F6 which will display several optional boot
> parameters. From there select "nomodeset" using the arrow keys, press enter
> to apply (you'll know it's applied by an "x" next to it), then press Esc.
>
> Now the "nomodeset" boot option will be applied when you boot. That's
> sometimes helpful troubleshooting graphics card compatibility issues with
> the Xserver. Let us know what happens,
>
> Lance

Lance: thank you! after setting the boot with "nomodeset" at last i see my
"Lubuntu splashcreen" (even if it's the plymouth text-mode).
No errors were found when checking the disk for deffects...

Now i see "ubuntu@ubuntu:-$" and type "sudo lxdm" to start the session and
it doesn't work... in the other machines i tried this it does...

Oh, i forgot to say i'm using the 64bit version.

--
jpxsat