Re: [Lxde-list] Roadmap: Bugs to fix before pcmanfm 1.0 release.

On 2011-11-18 20:49, PCMan wrote:
> I just took hours and cleaned up the bug tracker of pcmanfm and did
> some triage for all of the opened bugs today.

\o/
I hope this was not because you hate yourself or something. That sounds
super boring and super important at the same time.

> Here are the remaining ones I'm going to fix for 1.0 release.
> http://goo.gl/2cT2x

\o/

> Custom actions support for the popup menus is already finished.
> (experimental and not recommended for daily use yet)

Not in a branch at origin yet right?

> I'm not able to give a nice time table or release schedule since I
> have to find some spare time for coding.

This is all I need. Fixed release dates and stuff like that I am not a
fan of (but being vocal WHEN to release if there are good progress is
something I am even more a fan of!).

At FSCONS I stumbled over a talk about Fedora and they had their release
plan in the slides, got me thinking that I should  do the same thing I
did some months ago with alining the release schedules.
And as always I think the major distros freeze dates are of interest
when trying to plan ahead.

I hope people participating in the actual projects listed can confirm my
interpretation of the schedules.

Fedora: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/17/Schedule
My assesment is that a release in February would be the last resort (not
counting bugs).

OpenSUSE: http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap
The latest release was this week, I am not sure how andrea coped with
the summer releases I did. Hopefully it all went well =)
For 12.2 the release date is 2012-07-12 and based on the release plan
for 12.1 that would mean freezing in April or something like that.

Lubuntu: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule (draft!?)
The next Ubuntu release is a LTS, long term commitment and all that.
February 16 at 21:00 UTC is the freeze, bugs and minor changes are
generally accepted later on. Beta 2 freeze is set to the 22nd of March
and more or less marks the final step to get things in. Only security
updates are accepted beyond here.

Debian: http://release.debian.org
The freeze is set to June 2012, so no later than May? (bugs and such aside)

Arch linux does not schedule releases as far as I have understood.

Based on this I would say that having major changes (API or others) is
no later than February 2012. That would target both Fedora and Lubuntu well.

Releases in April/May would be good things for OpenSUSE and Debian.

> There will be no change in strings/translations, or UI.

If we have someone brave enough that has English as mother tongue I
would welcome a complete reread of the application, no specific end
date. Such a debate probably should go to lxde-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxx though
before we change the strings. But still. Not a bad thing to do every now
and then.

Maybe ask people in the distribution i18n communities to help with this
if they have the time to do it?
Arch? Debian? Fedora? Lubuntu? OpenSUSE?

- --
brother
http://sis.bthstudent.se