Re: Killing glade and gconf -- are there general guidelines or a blueprint?

Le 11/26/2011 07:22 AM, Jonathan Marsden a écrit :
> On 11/25/2011 10:02 PM, Andrew Woodhead wrote:
>
>> gnome3 uses dconf not gconf, so as gnome2 is dying or dead, we all
>> must move on and use what is supported upstream.
>
> That makes sense, thanks.  Actually it looks like we are supposed to
> migrate from gconf to GSettings, which is a higher level GNOME API that
> has dconf as its default back end under Unix-like OSes.
Currently, we have gconf, xfconf, and dconf running in Lubuntu. Remove
gconf will remove 1 on them, and it's also the direction of GNOME.
Ubuntu also tries to remove depends on gconf for the main image, but the
progress is slow.

> This does raise another question: for packages that are not
> Lubuntu-specific, such as gksu, is the plan for us (few) Lubuntu devs to
> do the migration work, or just to wait for "someone else" to do it for us?
No, the priority is the glade migration because only Lubuntu specific
packages are involved.
For gconf, we can start the migration for our packages, waiting for the
others not specific to be migrated also. If you look at the blueprint (
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-lubuntu-p-optimizations)
only the glade items are in the work items, not the gconf ones.