From: UH <uhtlmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] Installation of Lubuntu 12.04 ppc
To: "Maps Backward" <maps.backward@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Lance" <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx>, "Phill Whiteside" <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx>, lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 4:09 PM

Ok, so i'll go on . . .  :) Actually, i'm trying to "parallel" the - running - Debian wheezy + LXDE with the Lubuntu 12.04 setup i recently installed. And there will rise a lot of questions (and bugs?) . . .

Just to start: In my repositories i've Debian Multimedia. Is there something similar in (L)Ubuntu or could i add that repositories (even though they're close, i notice there are some differences between Ubuntu and Debian . . .

Then: I've this ugly 3rd level chooser problem. For typing normally, i found the solution (`sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration` > Keyboard: Apple-Laptop > German > Deadkeys > 3rd level chooser: standard (=left ALT) and then i opted for CTRL-ALT_BCKSP to kill X11), but this solution cancels the CTRL-ALT-F1 (through F6) for consoles and the related CTRL-ALT-F7 to return to the desktop (1). Is there out there someone who knows a workaround?

----

1) With the standard setting: German - Macintosh keyboard (with deadkeys) that problem does not exist, CTRL-ALT-F1 works as it should - but i don't have third level keys like @, €, ~, square brackets etc. I remember, long time ago, when Ubuntu still supported powerpc architecture officially that problem (in Gnome) did not exist.