Re: Checksums for Desktop images

hi Lars,

the desktop images checksums are held at
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/current/MD5SUMS

<http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/current/MD5SUMS>...daily...
== alternate
...daily-live == desktop.

It is for that reason I ask people to use
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/204/builds

A brief explanation is in order, as I keep making the assumption you all
know your way round it.

Taking Lubuntu Desktop
powerpc<http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/204/builds/12981/testcases>
as
the example,

click on the little disk icon to the left and it will take you to
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/204/builds/12981/downloads (today
- the link number changes at each build)
That link has the various ways to grab the iso along with a link to both
types of checksums.

For those of you testing dailies, to save yourselves time and bandwidth
(along with not hammering the servers), please do get used to  zsync.
Typically it only requires about 10% of the iso to be re-loaded to give you
a 'clean' and bang up to date daily. You can have it run on as many
different architectures as you are testing (e.g. alternate and desktop /
ppc and IntelMac etc. etc.)

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ZsyncCdImage has all the details, along
with the use of rsync etc.

Hope that all makes sense, I know I have asked you all to take in a
seriously steep learning curve. But, I must also comment  that nothing has
yet fazed you good people. The lubuntu-qa grabs a new person here and
there, we are all new to this (I've never actually even attempted to run 8
variants at the same time from a QA point of view !). This release... 8
variations, who knows, next release we may be up to 10 if we take ARM
architecture on. And, of course, that is without our 2 mini-iso intalls
which each have some 4 variants!