Re: Mac G3 testing - desktop .iso

Paul and Jim,

If you read the PowerPC FAQ there is a large section on graphics, much of it based around the imac G3.  It explains what is going and why it fails to load.  It explains it much better than I can put in a single post to a message list.

In 11.04 and 11.10 (and at the moment 12.04) the appropraite framebuffer is not built in.  I'm going to file a bug to get the ones used by Apple hardware built back in to the kernel.  This is why the openfirmware framebuffer is loading and causing you problems.

In the past the r128 caused dri lockup.  This is not going to happen in 12.04 because you won't have 3d hardware acceleration.

Please do not include a 5 year plus old xorg.conf file in a recent version on Lubuntu.  The problems are not the same.

Follow ups