Re: Upgrading problems with Lubuntu-core from 10.10 till 11.10

Hiyas,

you would be best off asking on the main lubuntu mailing list[1]. But what
I would suggest would be using  a boot CD (your 10.10 would be fine) and
creating a seperate partition for your /home directory.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Partitioning/Home/Moving once you have
your data safely there. Do a clean install, but do it by manual partition
so that you tell it to *use* your /home but to *NOT* format it! Install
using the alternate image for 11.10. 192MB is enough to run 11.10 with and
you should not need the more tortuous route of using a minimal install
route.

Chris has recently kindly re-written the
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/MinimalInstall area,
should you decide to choose core, minimal or desktop.

Do wait until a couple of people have replied as to which is the best route
for you, that is just how I would do it.

[1] lubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx