killing old bugs.

Hi guys,

when a bug does has been fixed 12.04 testing please use one of examples
here
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Fixed_in_Development_release_while_still_existing_in_a_previous_release
and
mark it as fix released, as opposed to invalid.

The whole spectrum of how to 'tidy up' is mentioned at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses

No matter how well, or badly, a bug is raised, please do reply nicely to
someone for whom this could be the 1st time they've ever raised a bug. Our
devs need people to report and it is important for the reporter not think
their bug does not matter. To them, it is the only bug in the world that
matters.

No matter if is badly filed, incomplete, duplicate etc. please try to
always use one of the standard replies, they're there for a reason :)

Yes, I know bug triaging can seem like a thankless task; that's why we have
'standard replies' :D

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phil <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw>lw

Follow ups