Fwd: Alpha 1 ISO Testing

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30 May 2012 15:56
Subject: Alpha 1 ISO Testing
To: ubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, u+1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 It's that time of the cycle again.. We're stretching our legs and getting
back into the groove of iso testing for milestones. The first milestone is
coming up quickly next week, and it's time to prep ourselves for the
release of Alpha 1. For those of you who are old hats at this, you know
where to find the isos, how to test, and how to use the iso tracker. If
your not an old hat, never fear the details are on the ubuntu QA wiki.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Procedures

I've laid out some more details and point to the wiki pages on my post
talking about continuing the adopt an iso program this cycle and trying to
make sure our workload is shared amongst everyone on the team. The biggest
difference is in the schedule for this cycle -- we're going to focus on
getting the iso's 'right' on the first try and avoid respins. To do this,
we'd like to test the dailies the week before the first RC's come out for
the milestone. For more details:

http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/05/adopt-iso-quantal-style.html

Thanks everyone, and as always happy testing!

Nicholas