Number of alternate ISOs for 12.10

Hi,

Maybe your are aware that Ubuntu want to remove alternate ISO for 12.10. If this happen, it will be a good time to ask us how many alternate ISO we want to test / release.

I think the i386 alternate is mandatory, for people not able to run Ubiquity. However, I wonder if the amd64 and the powerpc alternate are useful.

For amd64, IMO if people can run 64 bits, they should have enough memory to run Ubiquity.

I'm not sure about powerpc, is all powerpc hardware are able to run Ubiquity ?

If there is no concern, I'm for removing the 2 alternate from the tests, so we can all focus on images which are more useful.

Do you have any opinions about this, since you are the ones who actually do the ISO testing ?

Regards,
Julien Lavergne

Follow ups