Alpha 3 & Lubuntu Meeting

Hi folks,

The Pre-release version for the Alpha 3 of Lubuntu is due to be in place by
06:00 24th July (UTC) [1]. There is a distinct possibility of a respin [%]
 during the, shortened, test cycle. But we are asked to leap on it as soon
as possible as some iso's may not need re-spinning. For our Lubuntu family
to be released as 'stable' Alpha 3 it is required that they are tested and
confirmed as passing.

I know I nag at each stage, but as with proceeding through school and onto
university - each 'exam' is more important than the one before it. If you
would like to help out please head over to the testing area [2] for full
information as to how to help ensure that 12.10 is awesome!

There will be a Lubuntu meeting on #ubuntu-meeting channel at 20:00 UTC on
Wednesday 25th July [3]. At that meeting there will be an update from
Julien on dev stuff and how Lubuntu 12.10 will look. There will also be an
update as to how QA testing is going (I have the weekly 'main' QA meeting a
few hours before our Lubuntu one).

1. http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/226/builds
2. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing
3. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/IRC%20Meetings/Agenda

%. Respin, the short term for the process of generating a new iso owing to
important changes that need to be made to ensure a stable release.