Re: Fwd: ISO Testing Screencast

On 08/03/2012 02:23 AM, Lance wrote:

> Also, though VirtualBox is quite nice, using Qemu would allow testing of
> the PPC architecture, too.
> At some point Ubuntu, and thus Lubuntu, will probably offer ARM
> officially, so we should try to be prepared.

We already are :)  I'm one of the six or so people getting started with
testing Ubuntu Quantal 12.10 desktop images for ARM :)

I suspect the focus on virtualbox was because it is the easiest way for
end users with one "normal" i386 or amd64 PC (not devoted 100% to
testing) to get involved and test ISO images.  I agree that the idea of
using "real" hardware is preferable should be stated, but it needs
wording carefully so as not to put off those lacking spare hardware,
we'd not want them to feel "second class testers" in any way.

Jonathan