Re: ISO Testing Feedback

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Nicholas Skaggs
<nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings everyone! After each milestone I generally review everything that happened during the milestone, trying to understand how we did, and how it went for you as a community. The release team does the same, comparing how their team did on respins, communicaton, etc. However, especially given the recent confusion of cadence testing, and it itself being an experiment, I'd like to take a moment to specifically invite everyone to provide feedback on how iso testing has been this cycle, and in particular this last week. This is entirely open-ended, but I'll leave some questions for you to think about.
>
> Did you find the testing itself easy to complete?
> Was it easy for you to follow along with how the testing was going?
> Did you have fun!?
> Specific to the idea of "cadence testing" (that is, to test outside of milestone at regular intervals), did you find the testing useful or otherwise productive expenditure of our collective "time and effort" as a community?
>
> I don't want to share too much of my thoughts so as to not influence the discussion at first. However, I will say it can be difficult to keep abreast of what's happening during the testing weeks as it is and that without the ability to use the isotracker effectively during a cadence week makes it even harder. During the cadence week, using the isotracker, people were lost as to what to do or the status of what was trying to be achieved. If we continue to aim for this type of testing, we'll need to expand the workarounds and ultimately enhance the isotracker to support the testing effort.
>
> Nicholas
>
> P.S. Just a quick note; I am always available for feedback or discussion in any manner you wish. Email, IRC, voice or google hangout, skype, whatever you wish. Any idea or topic is fair game. I'd love to hear from you!

Nicholas et al,

Personally I think the testing last week was well timed with the
changes that are taking place in Ubiquity.  We found some bugs that
will allow the devs a little more time to fix before the next cycle.
If those changes led you to call for the cadence testing you did well.

It appears a couple of critical ubiquity bugs will be cleared with
ubiquity - 2.11.21.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1035167

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1034954

Maybe in tomorrow's spins. I will test a few tomorrow for sure.

As far as fun goes.. Yeah I have fun testing mostly on my new/refurb
Lenovo T61p.

My 2 & 1/2 cents,
Greg nm_geo