Re: AMD64+mac desktop build Sept 7 2012 - Test case doesn't match

On 09/07/2012 09:02 PM, Ron Mitchell wrote:

> The test case uri-001 for Lubuntu Amd64+Mac (build of Sept 7 2012)
> differs from what I'm actually seeing on the screen as I attempt to
> install. ... The Lubuntu installer provides no such option. ...

The Lubuntu LiveCD installer *is* the Ubuntu LiveCD installer.  It is
ubiquity in both cases.  The same software.

Thoughts:

(1) The test case may inadequately specify the previous contents of the
hard drive, and expect a Windows partition rather than some other OS.

(2) Ubiquity may know how to resize PC-style MBR-based disks, but not
MAC-style partitioned disks.  Probably worth checking that ubiquity
really is 'supposed' to be able to do partition resizing on Macs.

(3) Ubiquity just went through some significant changes in an attempt to
render the alternate installer unnecessary, and it is possible that
either planned UI changes to ubiquity, or unplanned new bugs in
ubiquity, have arisen as a consequence of that work.

(4) If your test hardware (or test VM) has enough RAM to run Ubuntu,
(which a 64bit Intel-based Mac probably does!), I'd suggest trying the
same test for the equivalent Ubuntu ISO image, before suspecting a
unique-to-Lubuntu installer issue.

Jonathan