Re: AMD64+mac desktop build Sept 7 2012 - Test case doesn't match

Ron:

It seems there is a graphical display of the partitions it finds, and
you can drag the dividing line between two partitions.

I know I've done that when installing alongside Windows.  But I haven't
had occasion to do that for a long time.  It seems there was an "Install
alongside xxxxx" option.

Strictly speaking for myself, as a user, I almost always use the manual
partitioning option.

I set up a common (fat32) partition, which contains music & pictures,
which is mounted on each partition when it boots (Windows as well).

Then I have two linux partitions - one for my new system, and one for my
old system.  When I become confident with my new system, I "transfer my
flag" from the old linux partition to the new linux partition.

When I install a newer system, I install it over the top of my old linux
partition.

The process repeats with each Linux release.

- Aere

--

Sincerely,
Aere