Re: Any idea how to fix this?

I will re-explain that in a simple way:

Ubutnu 10.04 >> Upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04
Ubuntu 12.04 >> Installed 'lubuntu-desktop' package on the top of Ubuntu
12.04

That what happened with my friend.

With me, it was much shorter:
Ubuntu 12.04 >> Installed 'lubuntu-desktop' package.

Both ways lead to the same bug/error/issue.

For me, I don't really use Ubuntu, I did that to help my friend.
For my friend, well, how can I convince him to use Lubuntu with that huge
gap? :P