Re: ppc bugs - Desktop Beta 1

> could you take a bit of time to reply to this thread with the current state
> of play on the PPC Desktop Beta 1.

two issues here:
1. don't the bug reports themselves tell us this? if we have outstanding bugs, they should be filed.
2. since beta 1 is already come and gone, shouldn't we be spending more of our time testing the dailies to prepare us for the release of beta 2?

> It also does appear that at least one of the bugs cannot be replicated on a
> virtual machine set up. If this is indeed the case, you guys are really
> going to have to help the devs out to a level not normally seen.

this is where part of me thinks we should almost have a ppc subteam so we can keep track of who's doing what. i think the most active testers we have are greg faith (on a vm), ron miller, and arild lindseth (silverarrow). there's me, too, but i have yet to boot up beta 1. hopefully i can get on this soon.

thanks, phill, for continuing to push ppc forward even though you have no personal need for it. there's tons of ppc machines out there looking for a good home. you may singlehandedly end up saving them (well, with some help from the rest of us, of course) :)

wxl