Re: This week in QA

On 10/09/2012 11:33 AM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
On 10/08/2012 08:50 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
The end is near! This Friday the first of the release candidate isos will drop. Please, ping the list this week with any bugs that are critical to being fixed before these isos are spun! ASAP! This is the last chance for getting anything fixed before release.

That said, our testing focus this week needs to be around the critical pieces of the release -- including the late landers. Unity 6.8, the new suggestion feature (on and off :-) ), and compiz performance and regressions. Don't forget about the other new features in quantal -- webapps, libreoffice global menus, etc. In addition for those in ARM, please take a moment this week to do a couple tests:

1) Install beta2 and upgrade to the current archive version. Note any issues
2) Install the daily and report results
3) Report results of how well unity is running -- responsive and usable? Graphical glitches, etc?

In addition, remember this ole page from beta2? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/QuantalTestcaseUpdates. Excellent work to all who helped make the work happen. There is still a few items needing work, mostly around splitting out ubiquity features, and reviewing some of the testcases, etc. If you want to help in any of this work, as always just speak up ;-)

Breathe deep. If you blink the next 2 weeks will be gone before you know it. And guess what? Quantal is COMING!

Nicholas

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say beta1, not beta2! ARM testers, you can find the test in question here:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/219/builds/25309/testcases

Thanks!

Nicholas

Just in case you need the specific link ARM folks :-) Elfy asked, and it's worth passing along

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/quantal/beta-1/ubuntu-12.10-beta1-desktop-armhf+omap4.img

Nicholas