Slight change in strategy - order of testing

I went ahead and installed Precise Lubuntu amd64 on a spare partition on my HTPC because I know 32 bit Lubuntu runs fine on it anyway. I've since updated it and the dist-upgrade is now running via: update-manager -d -c .............. so keep your fingers crossed, hopefully I'll have the Lubuntu amd64 upgrade test out of the way.

I ran into an odd problem with i386 alternate installation but I figured it out and I don't think it's worth filing a bug report over. In fact I'm kicking myself for not checking the position indicator on my KVM switch before I repeated the same test three times ;^/

To explain further I use a KVM switch so my Intel box and my old VIA box can share the same Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, and Speakers. For some reason when the i386 alternate installation completes and I remove the disc and reboot that KVM switch "flips" so I end up with a blank screen.

And It took three installs for me to figure out what was biting me in the butt ;^)

I'm loath to file a bug against that behavior because it truly is a corner issue, I mean how many of of use a KVM switch?

As Greg said, I'll test until my eyes close,

Lance