Re: Fwd: Chromium Updates

> From: 	Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: 	micahg@xxxxxxxxxx
> CC: 	Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>, lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi,
>
> it is apparent that the SRU / Updates of Chromium have stalled. This
> does directly affect Lubuntu as we ship it as default.

Hi Phill, Julien, others.

I'm glad you're interested in chromium-browser.  With desktop web-apps
becoming more popular, chromium-browser is becoming more important for
everyone.  It is now a major responsibility of mine to maintain it.  I
hope to get official PPAs running in the next few weeks for all
supported releases of Ubuntu (L,O,P,Q), with Stable channel first,
perhaps even within 7 days, and beta and dev soon thereafter.

I hope this is soon enough to satisfy you.

- Chad Miller
Canonical