Fwd: Work for this cycle

I know a few of the lubuntu specific test cases exist in the 'old format',
these will have the conversion script run over them soon!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 8 November 2012 17:02
Subject: Work for this cycle
To: ubuntu-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 A fair warning, this is going to be long, but it's important to digest
everything in here :-)
--
I trust everyone has enjoyed a little downtime, and for those of you who
were at UDS or participated remotely, I trust you've been able to digest

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Cadence/Raring

Please have a look at that wiki page. It's been hotlinked in the menu
header on our wiki (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam). There are 11 cadence
weeks listed out, occurring every 2 weeks (except for the middle week in
December to avoid Holidays). I know there are also holidays many of you
celebrate in April that may coincide with Cadence Week 10, but we'll work
around those. The weeks run Saturday to Saturday based on feedback @ UDS
about including more weekends when it would be easier to participate.

Now, the plan is to unite automated and manual testing, and during the
cadence weeks we will undertake both :-) What I would like now is
suggestions for specific areas to focus on during the first few weeks of
testing. As the cycle wears on, we will focus our testing efforts on new
features or things that are currently lacking in quality (from the planned
quality report). I've started by suggesting we look at libreoffice during
our first cadence week due to the mailing list and bug traffic surrounding
the global menu and some other things. Other ideas? Now is a good time IMHO
to look at our default application stack, but anything is fair game.

Which brings me to pointing out another page to you. At the moment, it's a
bit difficult to know what's in the tracker for testcases if your not an
admin. We'll be working to fix this, but in the meantime here's a wiki page
listing and linking to all of our current testcases. Just because a
testcase is or is not listed in there doesn't mean it shouldn't be added. I
would like us to look at and test all of our default applications and have
automated and manual testcases to test them. This is a excellent area to
help. I'll be working on revamping the wiki to make the process of
contributing testcases easier to understand; both automated and manual.
Don't let this stop you from diving in now -- ping the list with what your
interested in doing, and everyone can help you get started if your unsure.
Now is the perfect time to do work in this area.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/TestCase/Coverage

Remember, now is the time to speak up about the changes, as we can tweak
things as we go in the cycle, especially if we do so early in the cycle ;-)
Please give your feedback positive or negative. I look forward to a
wonderful cycle of testing with everyone. The groundwork and plans have
been laid; let's take QA to the next level!

Nicholas