Re: Oversized ppc lubuntu daily

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Jackson Doak <doak.jackson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> also what is it a bug in?
>

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Jackson Doak <doak.jackson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> the "recursive" bug affects me and i think that will stop me from being
>> able to use the alternate. i will make the bug now.

Jackson,

The recursive bug is a kernel-sound issue. You need to type a kernel
command at the yaboot prompt.

Install snd-powermac.blacklist=yes

That should get you beyond the recursive bug. You may also have a
problem with the radeon kernel issue
as I do,  After you make the install and you are back to yaboot.

Linux video=radeonfb:1024x786-32@60

If you get the recursive bug on boot up try both commands together like

Linux video=radeonfb:1024x786-32@60 snd-powermac.blacklist=yes

 This all assumes you have radeon graphic if you have nVidia graphics
you will have other
problems.

I am currently trying to zsync the raring desktop powerpc.iso and even
though it is over-sized I will try an install
tomorrow or Saturday from a USB (which I do exclusively).. Right now
my internet is so slow it is driving me nuts.

Phill loan me some bandwidth ,, LOL

Greg nm_geo