Re: Desktop, Alternate and flavours....

Lance, it looks like xnox has assigned himself this bug and is working on it. I've not run across it, but looking at the comments it seems like a certain partition setup is needed. That said, your obviously keeping your eye on it, which is a good thing. If your testing during the cadence week and slamming into this bug, just file the result with the bug report and use the workarounds to keep going. There might other issues plaguing the installer.

I know it can feel frustrating to see bugs sit, but keep at it. Make sure the devs can reproduce, and ask for status updates or offer to help as needed. Recently, jackson and phil have successfully been able to work with the testdrive and dev folks to get fixes in for testdrive and virtualbox. It took them a bit and they definitely kept at it, asking different people to help along the way. It's just a recent example of being helpful and showing concern for the bug in question. Keep plugging away. Making a thread dedicated to the bug on the mailing list is another way to raise visibility amongst everyone and help you (and all of us) to drive the bug.

Nicholas