Re: Zsync

By default the terminal "looks in" Home, but if you have a previous iso that was downloaded using a browser that iso might be in Downloads.

Two very simple commands for working in the terminal are:

ls (That is lower case LS) - lists the files and folders in that directory

and:

cd - changes the directory

################

As an example if I open my terminal and type ls I see:

lance@lance-desktop:~$ ls
Backups  Documents  examples.desktop  Music     Public         Templates
Desktop  Downloads  I'm_lost.png      Pictures  Reorganize_me  Videos

If I cd to Downloads and then type ls I see:

lance@lance-desktop:~$ cd Downloads
lance@lance-desktop:~/Downloads$ ls
Debian                                        LinuxMint   Misc_debs   Puppy
gcalctool_5.30.0.is.5.28.2-0ubuntu2_i386.deb  lost+found  Misc_iso    Ubuntu
Kubuntu                                       Lubuntu     Peppermint  Xubuntu

That may seem confusing at first glance but I use and test other distros and *buntu flavors so I have to keep then separate ;^)

So I then "cd" again to get back to Home, and then "cd Downloads/Lubuntu", and then ls shows me the contents of that folder:

lance@lance-desktop:~/Downloads$ cd
lance@lance-desktop:~$ cd Downloads/Lubuntu
lance@lance-desktop:~/Downloads/Lubuntu$ ls
lubuntu-12.04-alternate-i386.iso   lubuntu-12.10-desktop-i386.iso
lubuntu-12.04-desktop-amd64.iso    raring-alternate-i386.iso
lubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso     raring-alternate-i386.iso.zs-old
lubuntu-12.10-alternate-amd64.iso  raring-desktop-i386.iso
lubuntu-12.10-alternate-i386.iso   raring-desktop-i386.iso.zs-old
lubuntu-12.10-desktop-amd64.iso

You can see there a list of the contents of Downloads/Lubuntu on my box.

Did that help or did I just cause confusion?

Lance