Re: ppc testing

The live cd worked fine on my iBook G4- I'm writing you from it now. I'm
quite aware of the video problem -- that's the pseudo 8 bit thing I
mentioned - it's on the PPC known issues page, too, but the fix listed
there doesn't work (I keep trying to remember to fix that page, too) -
anyway, from this
guide<http://powerpcliberation.blogspot.ca/2012/10/lubuntu-install-guide.html>,
throw in the boot parameter* live video=radeonfb:1024x768-32@60 *and you'll
get a good screen when it loads. If I remember correctly, the b43 kernel
panic has been fixed in 13.04.

The wireless will need the b43 driver installed - I couldn't find it on the
disk like the install guide gives, so I threw the two files on a thumb
drive and installed them on the ibook that way.

STILL a way easier install than MintPPC, which used to be my old OS. Lemme
know if you need any help with it - i've done 3 installs on this so I got
it down pretty good. Not quite "newbie" proof like the main Ubuntu disk on
modern hardware.

Charlie