Re: Beta 2 is released

On 04/05/2013 09:47 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
Hi,

the final beta test case is now released [1], this will allow you to see what the final release will look like as it has all the artwork and applications etc. in it.

As always, many thanks to those who tested it and are ensuring that 13.04 is our best release so far!

1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseNotes/Beta2/Lubuntu

Phill:

I have done some testing with the beta release announced above, but I don't remember where you need me to report the results of my testing.

In particular, I installed it on my HP-Vectra 450 mhz. machine, and installed updates (there were 10.4 megabytes of them).

13.04 exhibits the same problem as 12.10 (and 12.04), where the software updater window goes away, and there is no indication (other than by closely watching the Task Manager window) that the process has completed.

The installation went fine, and didn't take overly long to complete. Installation was faster using a USB drive in a USB 2.0 port.

Also, by using a startup-USB drive (instead of a CD), it installed without any problems with only 512 megabytes of RAM, as Ali suggested.

I have also increased my swap partition as part of the installation process, but it appeared to have no affect on the software updater problem.

-- Sincerely, Aere