Re: [PPC] Kubuntu

On 4/24/13 1:03 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> On 2013-04-24 10:36, Lars Noodén wrote:
>> On 4/23/13 1:15 PM, Ho Wan Chan wrote:
>>> Sorry we are currently respinning. The PowerPC Kubuntu image should appear
>>> soon.
>>>
>>> Thank you all for helping us test!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Howard Chan (smartboyhw)
>>> Kubuntu member
>>
>> Thanks for getting the respin up there.  I do hope there will be a PPC
>> Kubuntu for 13.04
>>
>> I went through the tests this morning and could not get the graphical
>> installer to run to completion.  It would just fail without warning or
>> error messages at various intervals, I tried several reboots and within
>> those several times each with the installer.  Each time it just quit
>> quietly.  On the Live session, rekonq wouldn't run nor could the system
>> sucessfully install the needed debugging tools to file a report on that.
>>
>> If there's another respin I might be able to try later tonight, or
>> definitely tomorrow.
>>
>> Maybe it works on different hardware.
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Lars
>>

> How much RAM is there? My experience tells me that the alternate
> installer works better when there is less than 768 MB RAM (but this is
> with the i386 version, not PPC). The symptoms with the desktop version
> (graphical installer) are the same as you describe.

I guess there's 1 GB (1024700 kB).  The full specs are here:
	http://people.ubuntu.com/~larsnooden/Hw/g4.ti.hwinfo

I've not had a problem like that with the Lubuntu installer, but that is
clearly different.  Even though the Kubuntu installer quits quietly,
there might be a place were the errors are reported to a log.  Any ideas?

Regards,
/Lars