Almost must have a 13.10 (Saucy) release

Just thinking about Julien's proposals here:

https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-qa/msg02271.html

Please correct me if I'm mistaken but I think Ubuntu's nine month
support cycle for Raring throws a wrench in the works as far as being
able to skip a Saucy (13.10) release :^(

Lubuntu 12.04 is supported until October 2013.

Lubuntu 12.10 is supported until April 2014.

Lubuntu 13.04 is supported until January 2014.

So, in order to receive security updates until our Lubuntu 14.04 in
April 2014, Lubuntu users would have to downgrade from 13.04 to 12.10 :^(

OTOH we could make 13.10 basically a maintenance release with a minimal
amount of non-security changes just to get us past this first nine month
hump.

Then we could maybe use a PPA, or combination of PPA's, for the more
adventurous Lubuntu changes we want to see in 14.04. Ubuntu GNOME does
this with these two PPA's:

https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3

https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3-staging

Or maybe that just complicates matters, but if my math is correct
Ubuntu's new nine month cycle has us painted into a corner.

Lance

PS: Remember I'm trying to get used to a new email client so don't shoot
me if this looks horrible ;^)

Follow ups