Re: Slowness/Lag Problem - Facebook and Lubuntu 12.10

workaround from Brazil:

facebook might have issues with MTU.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit

goto network settings and change MTU from automatic to 1450.

disconnect from your network, reconnect and check the "brazilian palliative"

source in brazilian portuguese (you might use google translator to read)

http://www.ubuntudicas.com.br/blog/2013/05/lentidao-do-facebook-no-ubuntu-veja-como-resolver/

cheers!

iberê