Re: Qs and feedback

On 05/11/2013 04:13 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1- When shall we start to vote for the default apps for Lubuntu 13.10?
> I see both QA List and this list is quite silent these days regarding
> that!
>
> 2- I'm not yet done, but this is what I got so
> far: http://amjjawad.blogspot.com/2013/05/testing-non-official-app-for-lubuntu.html
> <http://amjjawad.blogspot.com/2013/05/testing-non-official-app-for-lubuntu.html>
>
> 3- There is an interesting thread about xombrero
> - http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36309
>
> Have a look at it :)
>
> 4- Most likely there is a bug for a reported issue by many users (I
> confirm it affects me too) regarding:
>
> Pablo César Galdo Regueiro <https://www.facebook.com/pcgaldo> Another
> little problem: I can't drag and drop files into folders in my
> Desktop. Using PCManFM, of course, all works fine.
>
> Long story short, if you have a folder on your desktop and you want to
> drag and drop at least one file inside that folder, you will NOT be
> able to do so. If you will Open PCManFM, you will do it without any
> problem.
>
> I am NOT sure against what package shall I report this????
>
> 5- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/832939/volumecontrol.ogv
>
> Try to go to "Volume Control" Settings on the systray: Right Click on
> the Volume Control > Volume Control Settings > Ops!
>
> Is this a bug? please advise!
>
> 6- Why gnome-control-center is installed in Lubuntu?
> and why only root can see all the icons?
>
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/287181/only-root-sees-all-icons-in-gnome-control-center-after-upgrade-to-lubuntu-13-04
>

> That is all for the moment!
>
> Thanks!
> --
> *Best Regards,*
> *amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
> *Start Ubuntu
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>*
>
> /Test Machine: ASUS F3F Laptop - //Intel Core Duo T2350 @ 1.86GHz with
> 489MB RAM/

Based on previous experience we'll never reach a true consensus
regarding default apps, so my proxy goes to Julien and/or Jonathan
because they do the most dev work maintaining apps ............. of
course Phill is in the mix trying to keep us all happy ;^)

If I truly had my druthers I'd opt for all Lubuntu installs to be
minimal -> just "lubuntu-core" with a browser selection during install :^)

Lance