Re: About cadence schedule

On 05/13/2013 03:45 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
> Lance, I was away last week, sorry I didn't respond sooner. In short,
> yes we'll do cadence weeks, and yes we'll stick with biweekly. They
> should start about the same time as alpha 1, but there's no schedule
> *yet*. Of course, discussion is always welcome on the timing and how
> we do it. And indeed, there's some stuff to discuss at UDS this week.
>
> My opinion as an outsider is for flavors to coordinate there testing
> on whatever cadence timeline they wish -- ideally sticking around
> there own development cycles. I did want to mention lubuntu doesn't
> have to have biweekly cycles, even though we do so in ubuntu. For
> lubuntu specifically I think having something around Alpha 2 (as the 1
> alpha), Beta 1 and Final seems to work well historically and be
> appreciated by the group, but it's ultimately a decision for you and
> the dev team :-)
>
> Nicholas
>
> On 05/10/2013 02:15 PM, Lance wrote:
>> Sorry to be a pain but a discussion has already opened at Lubuntu QA
>> regarding a testing schedule for Saucy.
>>
>> In order to finalize my personal recommendations it would be helpful
>> to know what the cadence schedule is going to be for Saucy.
>>
>> My knee-jerk response is that Lubuntu should opt-in to at least one
>> Alpha, preferably Alpha 1 or Alpha 2, and also opt-in to the Beta 1.
>>
>> But it would be helpful to know if we're still going to follow a
>> biweekly cadence testing schedule and, if so, which weeks those would
>> be.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance. I'm sure you are a very busy man.
>>
>> Lance

Hi Nicholas,

I noticed that we now have a Cadence testing schedule and in order to
capture the current state I posted some screenshots here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2140142&p=12659708#post12659708

It appears to me that we're not truly doing a two week cadence this
time, there are at least two three week intervals, eh?

Or maybe I'm just being premature in my judgment?

@ Julien, Phill, and the Lubuntu QA team,

I want to be sure we make the "right" decisions regarding which "opt-in"
choices we make.

As previously stated Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 are only two weeks apart which
gives little room to breathe, and I also have Ubuntu 12.04.3 testing to
focus on the week beginning August 12th.

Thanks to Nicholas and all for giving this your consideration,

Lance

Follow ups