Re: Compiling Xombrero for PPC

Hi James,

will you please use 'reply to all' from the topic.

Phill, you are a gentleman among gentleman for going so far out of your way
to help. I notice the PPC deb is version 1.4 (and xombrero is at 1.5 now),
so if I'm successful compiling and packaging a 1.5, perhaps it could be
added to the unofficial apps instead of 1.4 (assuming that 1.4 PPC will be
included in the unofficial apps).
I spoke too soon. Xombrero 1.4 installs and starts up great, and I can get
to some websites, but certain basic tasks completely crash the browser.
(viewing Gmail, even as plain HTML, for example) Facebook opens up, I was
able to authenticate, but the browser crashed when I was trying to open up
the Lubuntu page. I *could* browse through Craiglist, although I did not
try responding to an ad.

Maybe 1.5 will be better, but given 1.4's performance, I'm not holding my
breath.

You *MUST* use the lubuntu-qa area in replies. I do have a heart for PPC,
but do NOT answer me privately. I do not have a PCC machine. do asking
things yo me directly are wrong.

Phill.