Lubuntu Desktop Install (auto-resize) case makes assumptions

The test case at

  http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/testcases/1301/info

seems to me to assume that it is being run on a machine on which there
is already an existing other OS installation (so it gets resized).  But
this is not clearly stated in the test case, and there is no info on
what to do if this prerequisite is not met yet (e.g. you are testing on
a newly created virtual machine or a freshly-wiped physical hard drive).
 I'm guessing the answer is to run a different test case such as

  http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/testcases/1300/info

first on the sam (physical or virtual) machine?  It would be helpful for
test cases that need these kinds of non-trivial prerequisites to state
them, up front.

I also think the use of "FAMILY" and "XX" and "YY" without any
explanation is somewhat unhelpful in a test case.  I understand the
intention, but it reads awkwardly.  Is there is list of such "standard
test case macros" that those reading test cases need to mentally expand
somewhere?

Or, better still, can the web back end just auto-expand them
appropriately for the known test family and versions being displayed??
That way, only those writing test cases need to learn about the
"macros", not those reading and using them.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Follow ups