Proposed changes to Upgrade tests on the QA Tracker

When Ubuntu QA added the "Upgrade (image)" tests at my request we failed
to include a download link for the current daily images, and the "Notice
board" messages are improper on a couple of pages.

There are two ways we could deal with this. For simplicity sake I'm
mostly using links to Lubuntu i386 test case pages, but all flavors are
effected ATM.

Method #1: Leave the "Upgrade (image)" tests in the upgrade test section
of the QA Tracker and apply the following tweaks:

(1a) Remove the "Notice board" section from the top of this page:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds/47106/testcases

Why? Because the "notices" will vary depending on whether the upgrade
test is performed via release-upgrader or live image. Currently the
"notice" displayed only correctly applies to this testcase:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds/47106/testcases/1310/results

And it's properly repeated on that page.

(1b) Change or remove the "Notice board" section of this page:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds/47106/testcases/1498/results

Why? Because it's simply incorrect. Upgrades performed using the live
image are dependent on the specific image tested, whether it be a
milestone image or the current daily build. I think no notice is needed
on that page because the test case appears to be well written.

(1c) Add a download link to that same page:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds/47106/testcases/1498/results

Why? Quite simply the test is dependent on using the proper live image.

Method #2: Move the "Upgrade (image)" test to this page:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds/47064/testcases

Why? Well, that upgrade procedure is a function of 'ubiquity' rather
than the 'release-upgrader'.

One benefit of choosing method #2 would be for the individual flavors to
opt-in or opt-out of that specific test. For instance Edubuntu probably
has the minimal amount of tests:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds/47123/testcases

Whereas Ubuntu itself includes many more:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds/47148/testcases

And Lubuntu is kind of "middle-of-the-road":

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds/47064/testcases

What do you think.

Lance