[Internet Speed Problem] My System is using 1Mbps ONLY out of 8Mbps

Hi,

I have this problem for months but I decided NOT to deal with it as a high
priority and sometimes to ignore it. Now, I can't ignore it anymore. I'd
like to understand and know what is going on??!!

   - My Internet Connection is 8Mbps
   - I'm using this machine: P4 with 512MB RAM and USB Network Adapter (N)
   and Lubuntu 13.10 (latest update) is installed
   - I have N Router
   - *-network
          physical id: 1

          bus info: usb@1:1
          logical name: wlan0
          serial: 00:1f:1f:a8:e5:21
          capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
          configuration: broadcast=yes
*driver=rt2800usb*driverversion=3.10.0-6-generic firmware=0.29
ip=10.0.0.50 link=yes
   multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn
   - http://www.speedtest.net/ is showing that I have more than 8Mbps
   (9.31Mbps) for download and 1.06Mbps for upload
   - NO matter what website I use, even when I use LXTerminal to update my
   system, my machine/system is refusing to use more than 1Mbps (125KB/Sec) of
   Connection Speed while I have total of 8Mbps
   - Needless to say, everything is FINE with other machines. I'm using two
   machines right now, the one with the problem explained above and the other
   one is Core i5 first generation with 4GB RAM connected to the very same
   router which the P4 machine is connected to.

What is going on?

Thank you!
amjjawad