Re: Lubuntu freezing

On 9/2/13 5:40 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> I've had a chat with kernel team.... please try
>
> http://forum.pinguyos.com/Thread-REISUB-Safe-Reboot
>
> Do let me know the result.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.

Thanks.  That trick is new to me.

I've tried the alt-sysrq-reisub reboot now after a lock-up.  The machine
does the first half of a reboot, but when it comes time to start up the
OS or even get to Grub, nothing happens even after waiting a long while.
 The key sequence seems to have no effect if I try it a second time.  To
get the machine to really restart it is necessary to powercycle it.

Regards,
/Lars

PS. I'm moving this from lubuntu-users over to lubuntu-qa.  Crash with
potential data loss is red bug material.

Follow ups