Re: Beta 1

Hi Christopher,

Until you get an answer from Phill, I suggest that you download an
alternate iso and start testing it.

What kind of environment is available for you to test it?

safe end
- VirtualBox or some other virtual machine
- Dedicated test computer
- Your second computer (with a system installed)
- Your production computer
risky end

I suggest that you avoid testing in your production computer. The other
choices are OK, depending on your willingness to take risks. I have
tested Lubuntu Saucy in all my computers, and I don't think there is any
risk for the hardware, only the risk that you 'happen to' overwrite an
operating system or some data. So if you have a good backup, you can
relax, even testing in a computer with an important system installed.

There are instructions at the qa-tracker

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/302/builds

and see for example these links

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/302/builds/52711/testcases
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/testcases/1437/info
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/testcases/1438/info

Ask here or (since we both have gmail) we might have a gmail chat if you
need faster response to questions along the way.