Re: Lubuntu 13.10 beta

On 2013-09-18 17:18, Nik Th wrote:

> [...]

I'm rather convinced it is the zRAM bug, that Leszek described earlier
today. I reported success with 768 MB RAM, and now I have succeeded also
with 512 MB RAM to install from saucy-desktop-i386.iso without any
freeze, when zRAM was switched off. This is half of the RAM necessary to
succeed with zRAM (1024 MB), while the limit for the 64-bit version was
1280 MB.

So it seems, we need enough RAM to avoid swapping to avoid freezing when
the buggy combination of kernel and zRAM is active.