From: Aere Greenway <Aere@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 October 2013 23:51
Subject: Audio Problems With Lubuntu 13.10 Installed On MacBook
To: Lubuntu Users <Lubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All:

I installed Lubuntu 13.10 (64-bit for Mac) on a MacBook today, and it seems
to be working well except for one problem with the audio.

If I use the laptop speakers, all is well.  The volume controls are as I
would expect, and the volume level is good.

But when I plug in the audio cable plug (that connects to my stereo
amplifier) into the headphone plug on the Mac, I get no sound.

On investigating it more, I discovered that if I (in pavucontrol) slide the
volume slider all the way to the right, I can hear a faint sound through
the amplifier.

I also noticed in pavucontrol, that when I plug in the plug to the
amplifier into the headphone plug, the device switches from "speakers" to
"headphones", and the speaker output is muted.  I think this is correct
behavior.

I tried looking at the audio controls in more detail in QasMixer, but
didn't find anything that would fix the problem.  If I set it to "Line"
output, and use the "Line Boost", I get no output.  It seems I must use the
"headphones" device.

Does anyone have any idea why the headphone output is so terribly faint?

--
Sincerely,
Aere