Re: keymap us(alt-intl) not working as expected.

On 2013-11-03 12:20, Federico Leoni wrote:
> Em 03/11/2013 00:08, "Andre Rodovalho" <andre.rodovalho@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>>
>> Do you have this problem on Lubuntu 13.04?
>>
>> I updated to 13.10 from 13.04... LxKeymap is still here, and also the lxpannel widget... But I have no problems with this caracters. Maybe the language installed makes difference, I installed with Portuguese-BR using US Keyboard with dead keys!

>>> I can confirm this behaviour also with Swedish keyboard
>>>
>>> Examples
>>>
>>> Acute accent + c  prints ç in 12.04.3 but ć in 13.10
>>> Acute accent + e  prints é in 12.04.3 and 13.10
>>>
>>> When I log in from a Lubuntu 13.10 client via ssh to a Xubuntu 12.04.3
>>> ssh server, I get the 13.10 behaviour, so it seems connected to the
>>> keyboard setting rather than interpreting the ascii code.
>>>
>>> So please file a bug report and post the bug number. I will add 'affects
>>> me too'.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Nio
>>>
>>> --
>>

> André,
>
> thanks for making me ring a bell in my head.
> my desktop (running 13.04) is set to PT-BR, if I change language to US
> the keyboard start acting strange as on others PC.
>  Setting to PT-BR my netbook and notebook solved the problem but I
> need an English setup here. And have a keyboard that change behavior
> with the language is not the best.
>
> @Nio:
>
> could you gently try to set your system language to Swedish to see if
> the keyboard starts acting fine? I'll wait your reply then I'll update
> informations on Launchpad.
>
> F.

To make something clean I installed from Lubuntu_13.10oct30.tar.xz,
selected Swedish at the OEM finishing screen, added Swedish language,
set it system-wide. and rebooted.

The clock, pull down menus, letters in the terminal windows are Swedish,
for example åäö. but the issue with c is still there.

It behaves as I described earlier

Acute accent + c  prints ç in 12.04.3 but ć in 13.10

setxkbmap pt gives a keyboard where I get ç, where the US keyboard has ;
(semicolon), the key below p.