Re: [Bug #1205384] Lock can be circumvented by switching to console

On 2013-11-07 12:34, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 2013-11-07 09:42, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Can you please check this:
>     >
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/1205384/comments/39
>     >
>     > And please confirm whether the workaround will work for you or not?
>     >
>     > Installing 'xscreensaver' alone with no further action will do nothing
>     > at all. I mean:
>     >
>     > sudo apt-get install xscreensaver
>     >
>     > is not enough. The workaround on comment #35 fix the issue for me.
>     >
>     >
>     > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxsession/+bug/1205384
>     >
>     > Thanks!
>     >
>     > --
>     > Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>     > Best Regards,
>     > amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>     > Areas of Involvement
>     <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
>     > My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>
>     >
>     >
>     Hi Ali,
>
>     The workaround in #35 alone does *not* fix the issue for me, not even
>     after reboot. (I copied and pasted the commands from Firefox to
>     lxterminal, so I think they were correctly done.)
>
>     I added a comment in the bug report.
>
>     Best regards
>     Nio
>

> Hi my friend,
>
> That is weird.
>
> Could you please be so kind and re-do that?
> Because it worked for some people so far!
>

> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> Best Regards,
> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> Areas of Involvement <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>

Hi again,

I have re-done it in the same computer with the same result, and I have
redone it in another computer (still using the same i386).

IBM Thinkpad T42:

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-t42-2373/4507-3121_7-31155666.html

-o-

But it works if I lock with

xscreensaver-command -lock

or activate xscreensaver and let it auto-lock using

xscreensaver-demo