Re: People do not understand the desktop installer

It happened again :-(

See this link
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1769482&page=79&p=12855281#post12855281

and oldfred's reply in the following post.
-----
"I have never trusted any of the auto install options. Generally they
seem to work, but often then when things start to go wrong, they just
snowball.

I find that Something else or manual install has always worked, but then
you have to know more than most new users. You have to manually
partition, choose partitions format like ext4 and mount like / (root).
Only users that have previously installed or know about partitions could
do that.

I also find it safer to have Windows on one drive and Linux on other
drives, but many users today have laptops, so they do not have that
option unless they use an external drive. "
-----
I think this another way of describing the problem. There are not enough
warnings in the desktop and alternate installers. And it should be easy
to fix it.