Testing for 14.04

I'm not sure if this has already been said, but since 14.04 is our first
LTS, and lxde-gtk is pretty much bugfix only now, we have to focus heavily
on testing.

For ISO testing. remember to test both alternate and desktop images, and if
you have an amd64 computer, you can test i386 too. Also make sure you
report bugs and test results, otherwise it doesn't help. Results should be
reported to http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/308/builds .

If you have trouble with ISO testing, have a look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Walkthrough or ask on this mailing
list. Some slightly more lubuntu specific help is at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing .

Package testing is probably easier, since you can do a test in less time
and on any installation of 14.04. Many of our applications already have
tests. Once again, reporting bugs and results is the most important part,
so please report everything at
http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/306/builds/55992/testcases.
General help can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Cadence/Walkthrough .

If you would like to add a test or improve the current ones, take a look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/ContributingTestcases .

Tests are split into two main categories, manual (What we need to run
ourselves) and Automated (Autopkg and Autopilot, where we just have to
watch out for the failures. A full list of manual testcase work we would
like to have done is at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual-tests/+bugs?field.tag=lubuntu .

If you know any python (or python3), it would be great if you could help
write some autopilot tests. I am just learning myself, so we have very
little in this area.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-autopilot-tests/+bugs?field.tag=lubuntuare
the only tests requested so far for this, but the more we make the
better.

There are autopilot tests for the ISO too, but they aren't really finished
yet. Their results can be found at
https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Ubiquity/view/Lubuntu/ .

I appologise for the long email, but i wanted to list everything.
If you need any help, please contact us via email, IRC, or any social
network. Someone will be able to help

Jackson

Follow ups